Friday, March 16, 2007

Comb-over Over Done


It's hard to tell in this picture, but April and I saw the most wonderful (and when I say that I mean the worst) comb-over in the history of comb-overs. We were walking along in the National Air and Space museum, laughing at Ted as he ran from space shuttle to Russian missile to the Hubble like a kid in a candy store - wide-eyed and giggling - when into our vision sauntered an Asian man who hadn't taken his Rogaine that morning. The odd thing was that his hair was missing only from one side of his head - the other side seemed to have no problem growing hair, since he had tucked back behind his left ear the hair growing out of the right side of his head. It came loose a couple of times, and he flipped his hair back (reminiscent of a blond cheerleader with a sultry look on her face), carefully tucking it back safely and securely behind his left ear.

I turned to April, grinning, and saw immediately that she had noticed him too and was just fascinated as I was. "I want a picture of that!" I whispered. She laughed, "Me too!" and off we went in search of a good photo opportunity. Unfortunately, the man never seemed to turn around at the right moment and walked away from us very quickly. We eventually lost him in the throng of people and gave up, but not before April had snapped this one picture, to be cherished forever.

No comments: