Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Back to the Y

29 August 2005
Today I walked around BYU campus for the first time in 4 months (aside from the trip to the BYU Creamery that I took on Saturday). The first day of uni saw me running around like crazy; going to classes, buying textbooks, getting my schedule sorted. I had 3 of my 7 classes today, and so far they’re not /too/ terrifying. I got out of my 11-1 class a little bit early; being the first day, introductions to the course and to the other students was the only thing on the agenda. It gave me time to buy textbooks and a mobile phone. I've been wanting one for quite a while and finally decided that it had become a necessary part of life. Meetings, classes, work, rehearsals, practices, auditions, social events...with so much to fill up my schedule, I simply /had/ to have a way to be reached. After much agonizing, I decided on Sprint – much to Audrey’s displeasure, who is a Verizon girl. Hopefully she'll forgive me soon. :)

BYU was just as I'd remebered..."The Bubble", it's called, and for good reason. A culture in and of itself...there are many things that are just so BYU it's laughable. As I went through the day I looked around and thought, "Yep, I'm back in Happy Valley. No mistaking this place." For all its oddities though, BYU is wonderful - and the best place for me right now. It's good to be home.

No comments: