Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Just Like Christmas

Today is just like Christmas. I got a mattress, a cover for my LoveSac, and a job, all in one day.

Mattress: I am no longer sleeping on an air mattress on the floor; I have a real, MemoryLux mattress from Monaco. Although the air mattress was surprisingly comfortable, I am glad to have a real bed. Thank goodness for Labor Day Weekend sales!

Cover: For those of you who are sadly unaware of what a LoveSac is, it's a large bean-bag type cushion. Only it's filled with bits of foam and is the most comfortable thing you've ever sat in. When I got the LoveSace to begin with, they were out of stock in the kind of cover I wanted. But Scott called around and got one for me, and it came in today! It's a light olive green microsuede. It's nice.

Job: After driving myself crazy being stuck at home with nothing productive to do for the past few weeks (running errands, making phone calls, and going grocery shopping wears on you after a while), I finally have a job. I'm a sales associate at FYE; it's a retail store that sells entertainment stuff like DVDs, music, video games, etc. Not really the most mind-stimulating job ever, but it will keep me busy. I'll have to get my brain stimulation through schoolwork and such.

All that, plus the bread that I can smell baking in my brand new bread machine (a test loaf; the first one made in said appliance), is turning this into a pretty good day. It's kind of like Christmas.

1 comment:

Julie said...

congrats on your job. i know that was driving you nuts. that's my biggest fear of moving away.