Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Little Thing

We all have rough days. You know what I mean, those days when you wonder why on earth you bothered to get out of bed that morning - it was so warm and comfortable! Days when the world seems so hostile; your professor makes fun of you, a friend gets mad at you, and even the lady at the bookstore patronizes you and says scathingly, "How should I know where that book is? It's over there somewhere...not in my department."

But no matter. All that a bad day really needs is a little bright spot - it doesn't have to be anything magnificent - just something to occupy your thoughts and remind you that there is good in this world after all. Today, my bright spot came in the form of a book.

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - in Latin? Who'd have thought? Maybe I'm the only one who is so thrilled about this, but I suppose that's why it's my personal bright spot. The book, a warm blanket, and a mug of hot chocolate...

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

2 comments:

Julie said...

cute, very cute. i love ya! thats a cute little story.

Chicken Dust said...

The lady in the bookstore actually said that. *shaking head* I can't believe it.